So what did the students think about their online learning experience?


The year is drawing to a close. It was time to ask my students how things have gone.



I asked them, "Would you consider being an online student again?"and here's what they said:

Yes. I would probably take all of my classes online ideally, good to be able to work at home and when it suits.
I would probably consider being an online student only if I wasn't able to do a subject in class. I prefer to work in a classroom environment so that I can get help from my friends and teacher quickly if I need it.
Yes! It was an amazing experience.
I would because it is another way of learning that is different to sitting in a classroom and listening to a teacher every period and it is more reliant on your own willingness to learn.
Yes definitely! I've gained so many skills taking ONL. From being tech savvy to making great connections with others around NZ. I was able to figure my way of learning thru ONL so this was very helpful in my other classes. The only reason I wouldn't do it again is if I'm with classmates from around NZ who don't know how to use the mute button lol. It's hard to listen to the teacher when someone else is talking about something else. Also the independence I've had as an ONL learner gets me more focused and motivated.Yes but depends on subject I wouldn't take a subject I'm not completely unsure in because the way you communicate with the teacher makes it harder to learn rather than in person
yes because I enjoy self directed learning and I enjoy being able to work at my own pace and work by myself.
I would because it gives me a chance to be more organised for later on in life and gives me the responsibility towards work that needs to be done
Yes. It allows me to do the subjects that I love and now that I know what it includes I will do better next year.
yes, manageable when not at school and teaches good skills for uni
yes! because I love the subject I'm taking and it is not available in school.
yes because it give you independence
yes, because I want to take Media Studies next year which is only available in online
Yes. some subjects are not on offer in school. Online is not the easiest way to learn, for me anyway. however if you don't want to miss out on the subject it is a great way to open up doors to students so they are not limited to what the school has to offer
Yes, because it gives you a sense of independence in your work
Yes because the system offers an alternative method of learning.
sure. it teaches independence and initiative
I would consider being an online student again because I have enjoyed my time being an online student this year as I have learned to work on my own and to set goals that would help me succeed with my learning. I wouldn't mind doing the same subject again as I found it quite interesting to learn about.
yes I like being individual and like how it prepares me to what university study will be like
Yes because I am doing Online Samoan, so I don't want to lose my culture
Yes, I like the flexibility of having the online class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The end of term one

eDeans make a difference to learning outcomes