The end of term one
Where has the term gone?........
In the life of an eDean Term One is always crazy:
- There are enrolments to do- each one taking at least an hour of my time when you include talking to the students, consulting the deans, processing the enrolment and then setting up the student with their individual course needs. This year I did 45 enrolments and I've already had to change three of these.
- There are spreadsheets and rolls to organise and teachers to consult.
- All the students need help with their first couple of hangout lessons
- A lot of time is spent getting to know the students and helping them get started in their courses. This is so important, they are more likely to ask for help if they know you and realise you are expecting their questions.
- There are many differing request from eTeachers to follow up on- including ordering text books and supervising internals
- There are course mark books to set up and standards to check
- There are reports to write and process